Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 2 - Woe is Me

"Eight weeks."

That's all he said to me.

"Eight weeks."

The rest of the spoken words in the room were between him and his tape recorder.

"Eight weeks."

As if I was an object being shipped back to the warehouse for repair.

"Eight weeks."

No, maybe sooner if you heal quick, no, we'll see how you are doing in a little bit, no nothing. Just those two words I didn't want to hear. He spoke those two words and it felt like being slapped in the face with a giant, double sided dildo, made for the greek gods.

"Eight weeks."

That cold hearted prick, no explanation, no details, no nothing. Just a touch of the foot and two words. Then my appointment was done. Unfortunately I will have to go back to see him again in one week.

On the way home I tried to feel sorry for myself. And I guess with the reality of being in this boot for 8 weeks setting in, I actually was sorry for myself. Yes I was upset about not playing anymore rugby for the year, not being able to lift or go to yoga class, not being able to salsa dance, not being able to go on spontaneous adventures with the S.A.C., but pissing and moaning and whining and crying about that will only get me so far. So for the record yes I was disappointed, yes I did want to cry, but John Rambo only cries at the end of movies... not in the middle.

So fck it, there is no time to sit around and feel sorry for ones' self. Its a waste of time and energy that could be better spent elsewhere. I for one need to do my hair and gussy myself up a little bit for speed dating this evening. I mean I still have one good leg for these 8 weeks, and if Lance Armstrong can win 8 Tour de Frances with one testacle, I think I will be ok with one leg, for 8 weeks.

I believe it was Stewie Griffin who once said, "Remeber, whether you think you can or you can't, you're right. See you tomorrow."

Here are some things I need to be done for me today:
- laundry still (wash, dry, fold - willing to do 1 of these myself now)
- drop off some perscriptions for me (i'll tell jokes the whole time in the car)
- mail my letter to the DMV so I can get my handicap pass
- take me to the health center on campus so I can get a temporary pass while waiting for the one from the DMV

No comments:

Post a Comment